Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Oman FM -1

I was driving to home from office one evening listening to a good selection of jazz (the ONLY good thing on Oman FM) when my bliss and the jazz were interrupted by this gracious lady whose interview you’ll have the privilege of reading. Excerpts of an interview on Oman FM live on air. Interviewer: Laxmi Kakandeth (LK)– An Oman FM radio host Location: Salalah, in the Khareef (autumn) festival when tourists flock to this beautiful place for enjoying the scenic beauty and temperatures of 18-22 Celsius (whereas the rest of the Gulf burns with temperatures over 42 degrees C. Interviewee (I): Stanley – An American on visit to Salalah, Oman. The interview starts after a music ‘break’ i.e. some shitty songs are played in intervals of every 15 minutes then the blabber starts. LK: “Welcome back after the short break and we with us Stanley. Hi Stanley” I: A short “Hi” LK: “where are you from Stanley?” I: “I am from Texas” LK: “ Have you been enjoying the weather? I: “Yeah” LK: “Tell us which places you have been to”? I: “Been to some nice places – Ain razat, the spring water and the Jabals” LK: “WOW! It must have been beautiful isn’t it?” I: “yeah it was” LK: “what did you do there?” I: “Enjoyed the beautiful scenery and took some photographs” LK: “REALLY? That must have wonderful isn’t it?” I: “yeah it was since I am a photographer it was good” LK: “OH WOW! I see the camera, so you’re a photographer Stanley? What all pictures did you take?” I: “Quite a few” LK: “Can you share some of your pictures with us? We are trying to get the best pictures of the beautiful scenery around us” I: “yeah” LK: “I can some shopping bags, did you shop a lot?” I: “ yeah, a little” LK: “What all did you buy?” I: “A rug, some pots and other antique kind of stuffs” LK: “REALLY? Do you buying these things?” I: yeah it’s different. LK: “Tell me, whats so different about these things in Oman. Why do you like them more?” I: “because I cant them anywhere else” LK: “REALLY? That’s so wonderful. You get so many good things here that you will not find anywhere else.” I: “yeah” LK: “It was good talking to you Stanley, you have a great time here and send us your pictures” And we are subjected to shit like this EVERYDAY. Can you believe it? If I were ever allowed a sin, I would most certainly strangle this lady with my bare hands – ‘LIVE on air’. Life’s a bitch. REALLY!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hahahahaha you made my day "yeah" lol

12:17 PM  
Blogger Swamy VKN said...

On the auspicious occasion of Eid Ul Fitr, I convey my warm greetings and good wishes to you, your parents, siblings, and other family members.

Eid Mubarak my friend!

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey :)
came thru conmans post hope u don mind,liked the way u thot..n no more discussion on THAT subject there
on this post of urs,u should come n listen to pakistani radio,those r the pert comments most of r so called celebrities choose to answer with,o n they`ll add this sordid,very detailed tale about this shit they found really funny at one time..i tell u the media is out to get us back to physical activities as a form of entertainment
:)

11:39 PM  
Blogger mortal thoughts said...

Thanks for your kind comments Hana.

I hope you read the last post which conman so generously deleted. Thing is people are out to find an excuse to malign Islam. This chap says he read the Quran and he finds "other' things very good but not these. We Muslims havent read and understood the Quran properly how can a jerk like him understand?

Sorry but I get really pissed when someone (specially an ignorant fool like conmanand other non Muslims talk about Islam like this).

But I tell you hana, all this crap makes no difference to Islam. Infact its a good excuse to unite Muslims.

BTW I really doubt the authenticity of those verses.

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)what kind comments???
n those verses are authentic..i knew a few,n checked up on the others..thats exactly what they say..but like i said there its how it all is interpreted
yea it pisses me off too when ppl diss my religion..its only natural..its my faith n no it doesnt falter that easy,not with words not with comments n not by voilence
u know what the problem is?the american media..the way they present muslims to the world..its all a propaganda to bring r religion down..but Allahs promised vd be the only religion standin in the end..:)..like i said faith in my religion has me down n dirty,it aint bein shaken that easy

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home